Still on Kitchen Duty

 Still working my butt off in the kitchen.  slow going but everything is being washed and reorganised. I had to nip out earlier for more bin bags as I had run out. Whilst there found some Brie which had been reduced so that with some Redcurrant Jelly or Cranberry Sauce in sarnies or buns will make a welcome midday snack either for today or tomorrow.  We like Brie ripe which is not everybody's cup of tea.

Food does not have to be complicated and often the simplest dishes are the best.  Tonight for instance we are having a coil of Cumberland sausage cooked in a toad.  served with mashed potato and onion gravy should be a good comfort style meal to warm us up from the inside out.

Tomorrow we have Barnsley chops with veggies snd gravy.

Wednesday will be an Oxtail soup.  I bought Oxtail at the weekend so will probably start that tomorrow in the Ninja Foodie. I want to start experimenting a bit more with traditional English food and get back to my roots and proper cooking.

Once the kitchen is sorted should be able to get back to my pastry making and dealing with my gremlins.

I have found my pastry workboard.  I do not have much counterspace in the kitchen.  This board is a boon and I have had it for many years. However it got put in the storage unit and I was unable to locate it.  No wonder really as I found it in the shed. My old boss gave me vouchers one year for Christmas and I used some of that to buy the board which was purchased from Lakeland.  Means can put workboard over the sink and get cracking ince kitchen is sorted.

Will be ideal for my breadmaking as well as other projects.

Right back to the grind.

Hopefully catch up later on.

😃

Comments

Popular Posts