Working in the kitchen again

 I am working in the kitchen again and have been for most of the afternoon.  There is a lot to be done and I anticipate having a late night and an early morning to get stuck in again tomorrow.  The kitchen has to be bottomed out completely so that I can make sense of the rest of the house. So it is all systems go in there at the moment.  I managed to get all my washing that I did yesterday dry and there are a now a couple of bin liners full of ironing to do.  That is why it may well be an early morning to get this done and out of the way with.  However the majority of tomorrow will be dedicated to the kitchen.  I will also have more washing to do, but as it is damp outside I do not want the house overly damp inside if I can help it.

I have been slowly finding things as I go along, not where they are supposed to be but finding things I am.  I have found my set of three Gingerbread men/women cutters and my vintage ice bucket which needs cleaning with silver polish.


Still have not located the Cocktail Shaker as yet though.  It is there somewhere, the operative word here being "somewhere".

Earlier on we watched Rick Stein's Cornish Christmas a programme that has  been on before but I was taken by some of the courses particularly a pear souffle and a hake and winter salad that was so colourful.  May well look up how to do those as they quite took my fancy.  We have not seen Hake available at the fish man but I mentioned to OH that it is something that we should look out for as we have never tried it.

We have not had a cooked dinner per se today because of me working although I have had a very decent fry up for my tea courtesy of OH. I am just having a few moments to let my tea go down so that I can get on with more work downstairs.

It has been a wet and horrible day here in Peterborough where the rain just does not seem to have let up at all.  I hate it when it is like this as I like to go out and about and not be restricted to barracks.

Right it is time to get on again; I just hope I do not have too much bending to do as it creases me up.

Enjoy your evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Rain been chucking it down all day today here too and from the direction which means it gets under the back-place roof and leaks in. I shall be relieved not to have that problem any longer.

    I hope that your cocktail shaker turns up. I think I bought the girls one each but don't drink cocktails myself, although I've had a few in Sheffield when treated by Tam when she's taken me out on the town, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, I still have not located the cocktail shaker. Knowing my luck it will turn up when I do not need it. I am not really a cocktail drinker but I like the fact that you can slush things up in it with the ice so it chills it nicely. I am quite happy with a small glass of liqueur or a G & T. Take care hope things are going well and that you have a lovely Christmas Tricia x

      Delete
  2. Raining here, too! (Western Canada). I've had enough rain and I'm more than ready for some sunshine. I do prefer rain to snow though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lefting, we have had rain most of the week here proper December weather. We have just received an upgrade to Tier 4 Grading with this Covid problem. Time to batten down the hatches me thinks. Hope you are safe and hope that you have a good and pleasant Christmas. Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts