Long story

I am typing this trying to keep warm on this bitterly cold day.  We had a few flutterings of snow earlier on the first this yearThe cats have joined me around the heater. It is on dsys like this that I miss having a proper log fire.

We have been on a gas meter here for sometime and we had a card we could fill up amounts on as we wanted.  That is until we put £100 on and when the card refused to function We were not sure which supplier we were with as we had changed it a couple of times and that took some sorting out. They came out to sort out put new meter in and as we were having an inspection anyway it was left that this would be dealt with by our regular Gas lady Julie.  They were going to do a Smart meter as well but as OH was muttering about going back to British Gas for the Electric as well the Representative indicated that they would not do this then as it would be better if we were changing to have both the Gas and the electric off the one meter.  He indicated that things do not alwys work successfully.  It would therefore be better to wait. get them done together and all we would need to do is ring up when we were ready and they would come out and install this.

They in the interim capped the meter so we could not use the gas. So no heat and no cooker. Our lady has been out we had thought just to re-connect the boiler.  However, she has found out that there is a problem with the boiler in any event.  It is terminal as it has been leaking inside the boiler and has caused other issues too and as it is an older boiler not viable to repair.  We are therefore to receive a new boiler within the week

In the interim I now have the new cooker connected and I am very pleased with it. It is smashing and I can now get on and do the cooking I have planned.  





Our first meal was sausage sarnie for me.  OH had a fry up. It has been nice to cook in the kitchen again.  We have not been without heaters or cooking equipment as I have a small Rotisserie oven and an induction plate as well as my electric steamer. My step son cooked my Turkey for me under strict instructions and after I has prepped it as it was too big for my little oven.  We had contemplated chopping it down but initially we were going to use the old cooker until it died.

Julie is going to fit the new boiler herself so I know it will be done properly. Julie is lovely and I get on well with her.

I am back to the grind cleaning and sorting out things.  Cannot let up now that am making good progress. It is taking a lot of hard work but I am getting there.

We have also had a lady from the Rental people visit and it looks promising that we might get a new back door ad new windows in the back.  At the moment looks promising fingers crossed.

Back to yesterday OH went to the fish man and came back with two pints of brown shrimp so that I can pot these. A piece of proper smoked haddock for me, a piece of Plaice for himself, a fish pie mix for me, 2 pints of cockles. six Crevettes, 1/2 a pint of crayfish and Crabs. So I am not sure what I plan to have tonight but fish pie will be tomorrow. I also have a stew to put on as well. Something to warm us up.

So things are moving on slightly.  Now to get ready for Julie's return to fit the boiler. I am not onecto give in easily and if soething goes wrong I am more than likely to be proactive and make things work in the interim. Just the way I am made.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan 

x


Comments

Popular Posts