Pretty Hair Pieces

I have quite a collection of pretty hair pieces for my hair quite a few of them bought but they are not terribly difficult to make.  I am no expert but I like to have a go and play about with different materials. This is predominantly due to the fact that I have not always had the pennies to buy things and if that's the case you have a go yourself.  Well in my world you do. I have often made clothes for myself on this basis too.  I like to accesorize things so if I am making the dress I might as well do the hair dressing pieces as well.


A selection of different hair pieces I have.  These are for "best" and special occasions.



These flowers are bought in little bundles there are about five stems+ for a bunch.  I split them down into single stems and then wound them round a comb to make the hairpiece at the bottom.




This is a bought side hair slide, which is  a pinky coloured Rose basically attached to a hair grip.






The next one is a hair slide or a brooch.  It has pins for both.






Another Rose but this time in turquoise yet again on a hair grip.






A different hair slide/grip.




A butterfly which is to be turned into a side grip.





Another set of small Rose grips which were purchased ideal for decorating the hair at the back if the hair is being worn up.





The combs I use.







The hair slides were worked a stem at a time, with the Roses being wound into the top of the comb and the edges sealed down.  Not complicated to do.





I made these for a wedding and have another two combs to make.  You can wear the combs either side which I did for the wedding, but I wanted to be able to put my hair up at the back and dress the central part with matching combs.  A lot easier to make than you think.  These are all kept together in a small box on my dressing table.  

Have a go, you might surprise yourself.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Hart. Hope you are keeping safe and well. Tricia x

      Delete
  2. Very pretty, I wore red rose clips in my hair whenour oldest son got married.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like different and it is nice to ring the changes. Bet your clips looked lovely too. hope you are keeping well and safe Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts