Seville Orange Marmalade

 



The colour of these oranges lightened my soul when I saw them and they are a particularly good batch of Sevilles with the skins being near enough perfect.  I managed to get hold of 4kg of Seville Oranges yesterday with which to make my home made Marmalade.  I have calculated that I need about 20+ jars for home use plus some extra for making up Christmas hampers for this coming Christmas.  So initially I am starting with the 4Kg and will probably buy some more to make up Vin d' Orange and also Seville Orange Curd.  I will also try and get some prepared pulp into the freezer so that I can make another batch later on in the year if needed.

I am hoping to start this tonight so that I can complete it on Saturday.  If I do not get to it today, it will be tomorrow and will get made on Sunday.


Please see my previous post on Seville Oranges and Marmalade making.

Orange Marmalade


There is also this post which gives a lot of links to making other preserves out of Seville Oranges.

http://tarragonnthyme.blogspot.com/2012/12/orange-winele-vin-dorange.html

And a further recipe.

Vin D'Orange Recipe 3


I personally was very pleased to get hold of my Seville Oranges this year, bearing in mind Brexit etc.  There is a lot that you can do with Marmalade, you can use it as a glaze, use it in cakes, make a Mousse with it and loads of other lovely things.  As I say, this is the first batch.  I may not need anymore Sevilles but at least I am in time to stock up more if needs be.  They had plenty at my Veg shop and also in Waitrose.  They are about £2.50 a kg or thereabouts which seems to have been a bit cheaper than other years.

Right must get on have loads to do.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts