Italian Sausage and Roasted Veg

It has been another very busy day in the kitchen. I have the last cupboard sorted on the tranche have been working on.  Just need to sort out one cupboard (which I had mostly done before) and that is the cupboards sorted.  There will still be stuff going in, as there is still room and I have also been reorganising the top of the cupboards as well.  Still a way to go.  Am going to have a concerted effort tomorrow to get quite a bit more done which may result in a late night.  Will see how things go.

We have had a lovely tea tonight the Italian sausage which is a special buy from our local Italian shop.  Not cheap, but well worth it as the sausages are full of meat and no additions.  Served with mixed roasted veg (they are all cooked together in the same pan).

The basic veggies, courgette, red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, shallot, crushed garlic.


And after I had added potato and pumpkin.




I usually take advantage of what is in season veg wise but today I used half a small pumpkin peeled, and cubed, one large potato, 1 Red Pepper, 1 Yellow Pepper, one Red Onion, two cloves of garlic crushed, 1 large shallot, 1/2 a Courgette thinly sliced.


I blanched the potato and the pumpkin which were cubed as you would do for making roasted potatoes, then strained them and then added them to the roasting pan.  I have found that if you do not do this, the rest of the veggies get overcooked because the pumpkin, sweet potato and potato need more time.  I add a little oil, and sometimes like today I added a little of my pork dripping. I then added salt and pepper, and some fresh thyme and them mix all the veggies to coat them in the dripping/oil.  I do this several times and also turn the tray around whilst cooking.  Just as they start to caramelise I then add the sausages.





This is a tasty and favourite meal here

It went down very nicely and we ate the lot between us.


Right must skiddaddle as an early start in the morning.


Catch you soon.


Pattypan


x

Comments

Popular Posts