Today has been a cooking day

It has been another cold day today and so a little cooking has been going on.

First off have made a stew, something filling, and tasty and which will keep body and soul lovely and warm. Today I cooked the stew earlier in the pressure cooker. I added Leek, Onion, Carrot, Swede, Parsnip, Peas, some Romanesco, dried powdered Spinach, dried Kale, some home dried Chives, Cranberry sauce, Lea & Perrins, stock, herbs, white pepper I then switched everything off.  After it had cooled somewhat (stew is always better when it has been left for a while), I then made the dumplings from one of my homemade packet mixes and popped them into the pan and turned the Ninja onto slow cooker setting and then left the dumplings to cook.  They came up very well.





It was as usual being served with mashed potato.


Then we have pudding, an Orange Surprise pudding which basically is a batter pudding which separates into a sponge and a syrup. I just swapped the Orange for the Lemon in this recipe I had posted a long time ago. However, you will only need one large Orange - I used two, and it was a little too much syrup and so recommend One orange only.






Lemon Surprise Pudding


I have also made some fruit Scones so that we can have a little supper later on. Photos will have to be posted later as there seems to be a backlog on loading photos and Reels!

I have made these before and the recipe link is here:

Scones

Now very firmly full, and it was a jolly nice warming tea.  Plenty left over for tomorrow (no pudding) but plenty of stew and potatoes.  I can always make a fresh pudding for tomorrow night's tea if needed.

If I get a chance I might make some Flapjacks tomorrow.  I do have to make another loaf in any event.

Right tomorrow is another day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. That sounds very tasty. For Keith a stew has to be just meat and gravy. A little salt and pepper but nothing else. He is so boring to cook for I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh BB. Could you do one of each and freeze so that you get two meals out of each batch but both get it how you like it. Geoff is like that with Cinnamon. I love it, he hates it with a vengeance. Take care sweetie xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts