Not Up to Much Today

 Basically because I have not been firing on all cylinders.  

This morning started off with a bacon "Buttie".  I had some smoked "Black" Back bacon which was very tasty. I like smoked bacon but I do not like it "over-smoked". This particular one is just right. OH had plain Back bacon.  Washed down with a hot mug of tea each, it was a good start to the day.  On a separate note, I have a sawdust smoker which I have never used.  I picked it up from a car boot sale a few years back, so maybe sometime in the New Year to come I will have a go at curing bacon again, and this time have a go at smoking it.

It has been cold again, and I have been feeling it despite the heating being on.  Just have to keep on with stuff and moving, but not easy when my hands have been going into spasm with the Raynaud's playing up.  Just one of those days.  Tomorrow is another day and hopefully I will be a bit better.  With cleaning the Pantry out, my hands are in and out of hot water as well which is not assisting so will see how we get on tomorrow.

We have had however a very nice tea tonight.  Sirloin steak with homemade chips, mushrooms and fried onions.  OH had his served on the plate I just had a steak and onion sandwich which is basically the steak cut into strips and layered with the fried onions.  Tasty and suited me just fine, as I am not really eating a lot at the moment.

Tomorrow we have a full Roast Chicken dinner to look forward to with all the trimmings.  I may also make an Apple Crumble served with custard.  I found the custard powder Yippee.  All I need to do is make the crumble topping and then add some of my prepared apple to a dish, add the crumble mix on top, cook and then serve with custard.  We have not had a pudding for a few nights and I think this would be a nice treat.  Maybe even a Blackberry and Apple one.  Will see which one tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Keep warm and keep safe.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts