Thursday Potterings

I had a gammon that needed cooking for slicing and so popped that into the Ninja to cook it.  I have stock from it and that will be processed tomorrow after it has had a night in the fridge to set any residual fat.  This will then be skimmed off and the stock from it popped it into jars and then will be processed for the Pantry shelf.  I also had two chicken carcasses so they have been popped on too.  Today was therefore principally a day of stock making.  Yet again though, being processed off tomorrow so that I have a full pot and am getting the maximum out of the energy used.  The stock is extremely useful in cooking.  I do not use salt in it at all and it adds a lot more flavour.  Better all round than shop bought.

G initially wanted the "ham" served with thick chunky chips and a fried egg tea tonight.  He has changed his mind since then and says he just fancies some sarnies.  Therefore that is what we have had.  I did put a ginger glaze on it though.  So a simple quick tea.  Just what I needed.





Not done too much today but have pottered a bit in the kitchen.  My arm perversely today has been a little better and I have been able to bring the arm forward more than I have been able to do for over a week although still painful at the elbow.  Also sore shoulder but slightly more comfy.  So will keep up with my exercises and hopefully can get things back into better shape or at least where I was when I finished class.  I still think something is clicking out though due to the two different presentations.

Tomorrow I have both the Ham stock and the Chicken stock to process.  At some point in the future I will make vegetable stock as well.  Next time I go to the Butcher I am going to ask if he has any beef bones going spare and then that will be a full complement for the Pantry shelf.  Also planned for tomorrow is a Golden Syrup steamed sponge pudding. I have been craving this pudding for a couple of weeks. Something hot and naughty to be served with custard. G will be having apple pie. The apples have no sugar in as they are the Diabetic apple "Howgate Wonder" and have will just served with some custard for him too. At least we will both have a good pudding to look forward to.  Might be a fry up for the main part of the meal though for tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Keep warm and catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. The ham looks delicious, I don't think I've ever made stock, but certainly made treacle pud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, the Ham was very tasty. Have made a load of Ham and Chicken stock too. Its in the fridge chilling to remove any excess fat so will not be finished today as planned. That will now happen tomorrow. Has a lot more goodness in it and no salt (apart from natural salt from the Gammon although I soaked it for a day before cooking it). Helps give a bit more flavour to gravies, stews, soups and casseroles. Also bought stocks are that expensive these days and too full of salt. Not complicated to make just a bit of time. My Mum always used to make it so grew up with it. Golden syrup pudding will be happening tomorrow as we changed what we were going to have for tea last minute. So I will be using the pressure cooker again tomorrow. Take care Tricia aka Pattypanx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts