Another slow day today

 where for the best part have not been able to feel my hands especially when I was preparing tea earlier.  I could not feel the tops of any of my fingers and they went blue.  I have chopped up carrot, onion, leek in butter.  Then have cooked the mince separately in some water to remove some of the fat, which I seem to get on better with doing it this way.  Then have added back the mince to a dry pan, and added in the Sauteed veggies a little passata not so much that the sauce goes sloppy, as I wanted a stiffer sauce for packing into the Cannelloni tubes (which I subsequently did I think there are 10 tubes which works out at five each) and also a couple of cloves of garlic.  I love garlic.  Yummy.  There was still some mince mixture left and so have added this to the remainder of the tomato sauce and then completely covered the Cannelloni tubes in the dish.  Then baked in the oven until cooked.  Then on serving sprinkled with grated cheese.  Strictly not a true Cannelloni, but just me messing around with the ingredients I have to hand both in the fridge and the Pantry.  It was very tasty and just what I needed.







Whilst I was cooking the mince up, I cooked the whole tray I had and then split the contents in half.  The cooked mince (now it is cold) is now in the fridge and it will be turned into a Cottage pie tomorrow evening.  It is just the mince at the moment so it will be flavoured up with my "Old Faithful" mixture of leek, carrot and onion with mixed herbs and some Lea & Perrins and other flavourings and of course a cheese topping for the mash.  If it is as cold tomorrow as it has been today, then we shall be very pleased to eat this.  Comfort food easily pleases me.  It was certainly needed today.

Downing tools now for the rest of the evening.

Have a good one folks.


Take care and Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts