Like a Kid in the Candy Shop






Little things please me very much.

On a cursory inspection of stuff in the tub that was in the Pantry I have at long last located my Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Almonds, Haricot Beans (might be tempted at having a go at some homemade Baked Beans at some point).  There are also Nuts, ground almonds, almonds. Popcorn kernels (2 large bags of these) and loads of other goodies. I have found a bottle of Arabian Rose Water, Orange Blossom water, Peppermint Oil,  my homemade perpetual Vanilla essence. I have also found the copious supplies of Mint sauce for G.  Should keep him going for a few months at least.  I have also found lots of Honey on the Comb and clear honey (some is starting to set but nothing a soak in some hot water will not deal with.  Might need several attempts with fresh boiling water, but it does come right in the end).  Saying that though I also have more honey than I had anticipated so I see Honey cake and also maybe I might have a go at making some Mead.  Not sure about this as have never made it before and do not know what it tastes like.  Also have plenty of salt for curing (predominantly sea salt).  Will add a bit more to the stash though. There is also Buckwheat flour for making Blinis. There are also Cherries in Kirsch, some Apricots and also Forest Fruits in a red wine (these last two items were bought in).  G has had the last of the Pickled Gherkins, and there are Sweet and Sour Sauces, Chilli Sauces, Passata, Lasagna mixes on the shelves to use up.  Then I will probably start processing my own sauces for the Pantry shelf.  I am going to try growing my own Gherkins this year, but I think overall I will end up buying these in for him.  His sweeties are Pickled Gherkins.  I do have to dig deeper in this particular box to see what is lurking, but the goodies I have found have put a smile on my face.




However separately I also have lots of pasta as well. I would like to have another go at making homemade pasta, coloured pasta as I have so much white to ring the changes.  Will probably start when wild Garlic season is upon us.

I am easily pleased with ingredients.  If you have the raw basics you have the capacity to make literally anything.  

It therefore looks as though I may be playing a bit with bits and bobs in the future once the Pantry is all tickety boo.  I need to start drying a stash of fresh herbs as well as getting a load of herbs seeds on the go as well.  I plan to put some hooks off some of the upper shelves to dry fresh herbs as the Pantry keeps warmer than the cupboard under the stairs and is more suited to dry ingredients.  If you remember I took cuttings of my Black Peppermint plant last year to expand my mint patch for my own Peppermint tea. I intend to double what I did last year as using it as a Mint Tea/Tisane helps settle my tummy when I am having a bad session which occasionally still happens.                            

Pantry scrubbed out, now all ready for G to get stuck in.

Have a lovely evening all.  I still have lots to do and may not post as frequently over the coming week. Loads of projects on the go.  My poor patchwork is not getting  a look in this week.  Will pop in where I can.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts