Topping up

 OH went to do a little shopping without me this morning as I was not 100% and also someone needed to stay with the animals.

He has come back with a few things that were not expected however gratefully received.

A big pack of bacon as he had run out.

A whole leg of lamb (frozen) but on offer.

Two very thick Rump steaks Mega-sized

A potato Dauphinoise

Fish strips

A bread loaf

Multi seeded wholemeal loaf for me

4 packets of Waitrose Lemon and White Chocolate Hot Cross Buns (these are to die for) seriously lovely.  Well I think so in any event.  They cook up beautifully and are definitely not stodgy as some Hot Cross Buns tend to be. 

We also needed milk however when he went to get the big cartons from Iceland they had sold out this morning.  However will get that in the week.

Therefore the plan of attack for eating is quite simple:

Saturday night - Potato Dauphinoise, Fish Strips, and mushy peas.

Sunday Roast Lamb, studded with garlic and Rosemary, carrots, peas, broccoli, cauliflower and French beans together with roasties and a little mash.  

Monday night  - Any leftover Lamb will be turned into a posh Shepherd's pie.  I tend to save any leftover veggies as well as any leftover gravy. It all goes in.  Basically you can treat the residual cooked meat by mincing it through an electric mincer or slicing it into smaller pieces. I then take a casserole dish and put a layer of meat, layer of veggies to the top (also add in a little mint sauce or jelly too to pep it up a bit but go steady) and then tip gravy in on the top.  I do make fresh mashed potato but you need to keep this fairly stiff.  I normally put milk and butter into my mashed potato but when making this tend to err on the side of caution as sometimes depending on the potato it can go a bit sloppy and then then top ends up pudding.  Just add grated cheese to the Thatch and then serve up as is once cooked and the cheese is caramelising.  Makes the most of any leftover meat.

Tuesday night looks at the moment as though it will be Rump steak, Portobello Mushrooms, buttered onions, and maybe either chips or Potato Dauphinoise.

There may be pudding to follow on each day depending on how hungry we are.

The weather here today has been variable.  We have had it come over black and had rain showers.  The Sun has been out but it has been windy and I think chilly.

I have been pottering.  Sorted out two bags of cuttings and paperwork and kept what is needed.  The rest has been binned.  I have a folder downstairs which is going to be turned into a central instruction book folder as when we need them can never find them.  I intend to keep this in the dining room for ease of access/use.

I am now starting on sorting out the paper crafting box and getting everything together in the one large box. This will mean me removing the said box from the back bedroom where it is, and sorting out the stuff on top of it.  In reality it needs doing, but there are some more things to go in bags on here as well and it is a job that needs sorting so that I can get to the desk to use the sewing machine.  To get all this together will be an achievement in itself.  Will also give me a good idea as to what I actually have and do not have to play with in the future as well.  I am lucky in that I have lots of stuff to play with.  Should keep me out of mischief.

Tea went down very nicely.

It is a chilly evening again, will not be long before the heating is popped on a bit.

Have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. We are expecting a couple of days of snow resulting in about a foot of the white stuff. You've prompted me to start cleaning up my office, the one out of control room in the house. Fortunately, I don't have boxes and boxes of crafting material!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep safe. You always get it far worse than we do although it is difficult enough here. Supposedly we are meant to be having a cold interval where in some parts of the country snow is forecast. We tend to miss a lot of really bad stuff because we are low lying, and only tend to get it when the surrounding villages really get it badly. Hope you get your office sorted. It is always a never ending cycle. Take care xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts