And Rain Stopped Play (Tuesday)

 Much to the frustrations of a Jack Russell who was pleading to go out today but she would have got drowned and wet and that will not do her chest any good.  She has been out, but not where she wants to go.  They say never work with children or animals.  Missy just loves to be out and about whenever she can and if she cannot she goes on and on and on.  It does not help that she is very deaf and a very nervous little dog at the best of times.  She gets lots of attention and lots of cuddles during anyone day, but my overall guide is that she is kept comfortable and not exposed to chills or cold.  We have found that she gets very chesty when the temperature changes and as she has severe arthritis as well, we try and drive a middle line for the best part.  Missy is also a very vocal little dog and if she does not like something there is usually a conversation which ensues voicing her displeasure.  I am a daft buddy when it comes to animals, but I am the same with humans, I try and make sure everyone is comfortable.  To tell the truth most of the animals I have had are or have been very vocal which adds a different dimension to being a pet owner.

I left some washing out overnight, not appreciating that the forecast was for rain and so that is a casualty.  Hopefully it will be drier tomorrow.  It has since dried beautifully and turned into a nice evening.

I have just checked the forecast locally no rain this afternoon forecast but we are still getting it.  Tomorrow is supposed to be 23 degrees and dry.

I am glad that I harvested the Mint, the Bay and the Blackberries yesterday though.  I got at least double the mint I did last time and that is all hanging off the Dresser.  I have also stripped a load of Bay leaves down for drying.  I was hoping to go out again today, but it looks as though it will be tomorrow or the day after.

Blackberries will be processed tomorrow in syrup.  If I manage to find anymore then I will pop some more of these up as they are very useful for just grabbing a jar and making a quick impromptu pudding such as a fruit fool or a pie.  It is also very satisfying to grab a jar of something off the shelf.  Yes there is hard work involved in prepping and processing these, but it does pay dividends and after all you only get something out of something that you have put maximum effort into.

We have had a Pork steak dinner with Roasties tonight and other veg. A good hearty meal which went down very nicely.

Having internet issues at the moment, so will post where I can.

Catch up soon.

Pattypan

x





Comments

Popular Posts