Collecting Boxes

I have been on a Quest this week obtaining boxes, different sized ones, Khaki-Beige coloured boxes in readiness for another assault in the back bedroom.   Sorting out the boxes made me think of a song that was prevalent in my childhood called "Little Boxes" and sung by Pete Seegar. It was a favourite on popular Radio as well. The song is below for those who do not know it and indeed for those of  you who do and want to hear it again.  I still think it is as timeless today as it was then.




Link is here:

Song "Little Boxes" sung by Pete Seegar

Anyway back to my boxes.  They are not pretty but are likely to be "Ticky-Tacky" by the time I have finished with the Sellotape reinforcing the used boxes which is something I tend to do in any event.  Now let us put it plainly on the table, Muggins is not particularly proficient with sticky tape and I tend to get it where I should not and often end up in a fine old mess!  The boxes did not cost me a penny either. I asked the staff at my local shop to save some of the larger boxes and some of the medium sized ones that I had.  Bless them they did this for a couple of nights and then I became over-whelmed with boxes at home.  I have therefore arranged that when these ones are packed I will then go in and ask them to retain some more for me.  There is a particular logistical reason for this in that the boxes were being held by the check-outs and as space is limited, I did not want them to be swamped.  After all they were being very helpful in sorting and saving them for me in the first place.

The reason for the boxes is that I have a Leaning Tower of Pisa problem in the back bedroom with some of the smaller boxes.  They were used at the time as they were the only type of box available to me and did not cost a penny.  They are old A4 paper boxes which were retrieved from my work-place for use as otherwise they were just going to be thrown out.  I did obtain permission to do this.  However, through time some of the boxes have started to give a little.  I therefore aim to re-pack the smaller boxes into larger sturdier ones which might tidy up the room a bit and also solve the leaning infrastructure in one fair swoop.

I am aiming to start sorting this particular problem on Sunday whilst G is at a fishing match. Means I can get on fairly easily. I will then recycle the empty damaged boxes, but those few that can be re-used will be.  This should complete one wall of the bedroom. I have already had two sessions on working on this particular wall and am about half way down it.  That involved unpacking boxes and re-packing them and getting rid of dodgy boxes and packing contents into suitable poly bins or alternative cardboard boxes.  I have another three walls to go as I work around the room.  It will be a job well done though at the end of the day and should free up space and also enable me to sort out some of the things that I no longer wish to keep.

In all honesty I have been dealing with a lot of things, some of which I am only partially through.  For the future though there will be posts about this and also some of the other things that I have been up to at the same time.

Lots going on here, not finished just lots of bits that will join up at the end of the day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts