Weekly Projects - Part One

 I have a lot of things that I want to do moving forward, and in the past things have slightly got away from me and I am attempting to put that right.  My reasoning is, that if I have something to make or do, no matter how small it will help smooth things along each day, and not make me feel like an abject failure when I do not get things done. I love preserving, as many of you will know.  I also enjoy crafting and just have not been getting to any of these creative pursuits this year at all.  Fingers crossed having some time for pleasure will make the housework move along that bit quicker.

Yes, there is a lot of cleaning to do moving forward in any event. In reality it is going to take a lot longer than the time I had originally allocated. I am deep cleaning, as a result of being out of action with the Shingles earlier in the year and the subsequent side effects and pain that I have had to deal with.

I am aiming to get things back on track.  I want some goodies to eat both on an everyday basis and also preserved foods for the Pantry shelf for use in general cooking and also for Christmas.  I am therefore going to attempt to make a few items this week as well as carry on with the cleaning and the crafting.

Today Sunday

I have tackled a couple of small projects involving some buys from Temu.  The first is a small seasonal sign for Autumn which needed to be strung together.  I have therefore managed to get this one dealt with today.




The second item I have managed to deal with today, is for Christmas.  It is a Christmas themed item as per the Autumn one which needed stringing together in a similar fashion.




I also have some garlands to deal with.  I bought 4 strings of The Nutcracker characters which need stringing as well.  I am considering on using some Forest Green trim/braid to string the characters on rather than using the rustic twine that is provided with the pieces.  I will deal with these moving forward probably a braid at a time, once I have decided what I am going to string them on.

For the forthcoming week, I have the following items in mind; to be worked through as I can depending on what time is available to me. Hopefully, I will get to the majority of them, but any left over will go into the following week.They are as follows:

  • Start off a Hyacinth bowl with three bulbs in it.  Was bought for me last Christmas and I am hoping to coax it back into production for this Christmas.
  • Drying Orange Slices for making predominantly Christmas ornaments or to be used in wreaths, garlands etc.
  • Beeswax Wraps from recycled shirt material. (Cotton).  I already have plenty of fabric and Beeswax pellets which I have bought in to have a go at making some homemade candles.  Before I attempt that though, I intend to use a kit I have bought to see how I get on.
  • Beeswax Candles from a kit.  Never done this before, although I very much like Beeswax candles.  If these go well I will buy some more wicks and some longer Beeswax sheets and make some taller candles for the house this Christmas.
  • Apple Garland(s) made from Air Dried Clay
  • Pear Garland(s) made from Air Dried Clay
  • Christmas Chutney.
  • Christmas Jam.
  • Peach and Chilli Chutney.  I should have made this the other week; in the end I ran out of time and so froze the peaches for making this instead.
  • Lemon Marmalade.
  • Ginger Wine
  • Fermented Lemon and Honey
  • Fermented Garlic and Honey
  • Wild Bramble Whisky
  • A couple of recycled Book projects, one for Autumn the other for Christmas.  Never done this before involves using old damaged books and recycling them into ornaments.  I am thinking of trying a Pumpkin first and if that goes well to try a Christmas tree.
  • Lemoncello
  • Lemon Curd
  • Lemon Sugar
  • Lemon Cordial
I think that will do for starters.  Will not do them in any particular order, just prioritise as to what time I have available at any one particular time.

I hope to move forward with projects using this method.  Wish me luck!

Catch  you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Shingles is so awful. I walked with a cane and could not drive fore four months after it took the nerve path into the spine and down the right leg. Be sure to count the months and get your two vaccines as soon as you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes. Most of my rash ended up under my armpit and at an angle over my back and on the top of my breast. From what the Doctor and Nurses have said I had a bad version of it. I have had no sensation of touch in the area under my arm and the top of my arm for months. Only just starting to come out of it. The itching and the pain has been horrible too. Think there has been nerve damage with the pain and lack of sensation and a constant running itch, and if I get warm that seems to trigger things off again. Recovery has taken a lot longer than anticipated but am getting there. Have had the first jab, next one should be shortly (I was told 6 months - fortunately the GP practice I am with seems to be very hands on. I am tested regularly on bloods in any event for other conditions and if there is a sniff of anything wrong and that can be stopped in its tracks they deal with it and get it investigated. I am grateful for the support I have been given. Would not wish Shingles on anyone. Hope things are improving for you too. Take care Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular posts from this blog

Proper tinned Sterilised Cream - where did it go - Can you still get it - Updated

2025 Another Year Passes

Parsnip, Apple and Ginger Chutney