Not a good day today

This morning has started off cold grey and damp and I have the heating on as I am extremely stiff this morning.  Its one of those mornings where the bed is calling me to go back but I know if I do I will not get up in time so its better not to tempt providence and stay up at all costs.

I have been rootling through some of my books sort of semi planning things to come and looking for new recipes on the preserving front to have a go at this year.  I have hardly done anything like I usually do but that will soon be rectified no doubt but I do need to have a bit of a tidy up on the old shelves before I start making anything more.

The elderflowers are starting to come into blossom round here and I want to get elderflower cordial made and also elderflower champagne and wine.  I have the equipment so I just need to set aside some time to play. All the demijohns are clean and waiting.  However I do think that I need to get a couple of more brewing buckets as the ones I have are a little past their prime. I also am eying up the hawthorn blossom as there are a couple of recipes that I have come across for that as well. 

I have also been looking at apricot recipes, particularly bottled apricots now that I have the large water bath sterilising urn will mean that I am able to process in bulk.  Will have a look to see what they have at the veg shop this weekend.

Right better get a wriggle on.

catch you all later  - just hope it brightens and warms up a tad.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts