Taking a weekend out

This weekend thus far has been a very lazy one for me where we have not done much.  We went out yesterday as I have already relayed and then just flopped when we got in.  Have not done much really.  I have not been 100% anyway as I have had a couple of reflux attacks which have left me off food a little bit and I have slept a lot.  Mum always used to say that when we were off colour and just slept that you healed while you slept.

However I am cooking a piece of roast beef for later with all the trimmings.  I shall just go light on the quantities but I do feel as though I need a plain simple meal in me especially having been ropey for the last three days or so.  Needless to say I have been eating plenty of yogurt which I have found helps soothe things down a bit.

This morning I have had fresh croissants for breakfast and I opened a jar of my mixed fruits/forest fruits jam that I made last week.  It has set beautifully and is very tasty will be lush in a Victoria Sponge cake, or home made cream horns, mille feuille slices etc.  It is a whole fruit jam and so there are pieces of whole fruit scattered throughout and it does have a lot of flavour.  

Because we have had a lazy weekend I really do need to get my act seriously together and start to battle the household chores etc. that have been left.  However I needed the rest and I feel a lot brighter in myself as a result.

I am nearly at the end of my vitamin D course and it really has helped me a lot.  I have not had as much pain - some yes especially when it is damp or wet, but it has been reduced to what it was although sometimes my feet just refuse to co-operate and work properly.  I am now on to the over the counter version and I will see how I get on.  I am also going to look at my diet a little more as I am very good at looking after everyone else but not so good at looking after me and I am going to make one or two more tweaks to see if I can help myself a little more. 

Many of you will know that I have been sorting my pantry out and have been collecting large vintage sweet jars such as Roses or Quality Street or other named brands and re-using them to store all my pantry staples in.  However what many of you will not know is that prior to the sweetie jars I had started collecting the Kilner square storage jars which were on sale for a little while.  I collected quite a few of these, broke a couple and ended up with quite a few but not enough to complete my pantry stock which is why I changed over to the sweet jars.  These jars are kept on one of my dressers in the dining room with dry ingredients in them.  I had thought that I would not be able to add to these as despite looking I had not come across any of these as the line was discontinued.



Just recently I have been able to add some more of these jars to the collection which I am very pleased about.  They will go well with the vintage sweetie jars for further storage in the pantry/jam store - I am running out of shelf space in the pantry so may well have to pop them into the jam store.  So if any of you come across these I could well be interested.

I also collect the Douwe Egbert coffee jars and use them for storage for my home made herb mixes and other dried herbs. (I don't drink the coffee but beg borrow, steal or buy when I see them).  I recycle things where I can.

Talking of herbs this is a job I may do this afternoon.  All the herbs that I have recently air dried are now ready for processing.  So as this is quite a gentle job I shall rub the herbs from their stems - rubbed sage here for using in my home made stuffings and the thyme and the Rosemary etc.  If I had a fire I would add the stems to the kindling but as I don't they will be making their way to the compost heap. 

Right am off to get on a little bit.  Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Hello Patty Pan
    a remedy for re flux, which I think you may like .....Pears, pear juice and dried pears. We have found them very effective.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    Thank you for that I will try as I am very fond of pears. Any particular way or just as is i.e. fresh, fresh juice and then the dried version. I have been very uncomfortable for the past few days so I will give anything natural a try. Thank you once again.

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts