Something that i have wished for

For absolutely ages is an old fashioned wash bowl and pitcher.  I have come close a couple of times before but somehow something has happened to stop any further progress.

As I am for the moment a lady of leisure and ine who most definitely lunches it makes it easier for me to get to the Charity shop and also the veg shop.  I am not sure thats a good thing generally but today it most definitely was.  I walked into the charity shop turned and looked at the display in the window and there it was waiting for me for £8.50! Its not perfect but its ideal for what I want it for ie to have a pine washstand with the bowl and pitcher/ewer there on a hot summer night to cool myself down. I have a couple of huckabuck lace edged towels to use with the set.  Thats another thing that has fallen into place unexpectedly.  Now to find the pine was stand.

The bowl has crazing but the jug does not and it has roses on so it should go beautifully with the Country Diary theme I have for the bedroom.  There are some piccies below.






So needless to say I am chuffed to little bits.

Catch you soon.

Pattypa

Comments

  1. great find.

    glad you are able to post again.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda its good to be back not being able to blog has been like having my arm amputated. Take care Tricia x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Welcome back, you've been missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the welcome back.it hss been very frustrating from my perspective as well as i am so used to writing and not being able to connect has been difficult. Take care and thank you for your kind words xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the welcome back.it hss been very frustrating from my perspective as well as i am so used to writing and not being able to connect has been difficult. Take care and thank you for your kind words xx

      Delete
  3. How pretty is that Tricia? Really exactly what you wanted too. It obviously had your name on it and will look so pretty when you can find a little wash-stand. They are going for next to nothing at auction these days, so perhaps check our your local one (house clearance type auctions best for this sort of thing, pricewise.)

    Welcome back, and looking forward to more posts. Are you officially "retired" now then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB not officially retired just having a break as in 40 years of working and three previous times being made redundant i have only been out of work 3 days. Even ehen the children were at home i never took a break per se. I have sime iutlune plans but before they can be achieved a lot of work in the house has to be undertsken including decorating. Thanks for the tip about where to look for a little wash stand i shall folliw through with that but am very pleased with the jug and bowl.hope u r more comfy soon xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts