Busy doing nothing

…. that's what it seems like to me at the present.  The hot weather has been getting to me, so much so I have had a migraine for the past couple of days which was most unwelcome.  OH went fishing and I had hoped to do something with the machines.  Migraine put an end to that because as usual the migraine was behind my eyes and the best place for me is in bed in the dark when I am like that. Never mind.  He is going again not next weekend he has housework things to do this coming weekend, but the weekend after he is intending going fishing so I have something to aim for, i.e. getting certain chores out of the way so that I can indeed indulge in some much needed sewing when he is out and about.  All in preparation for the kitchen to be decorated

As a result I have felt like a wet dish cloth all clammy, hot, bothered and no energy.  The fans are on full blast but it does not seem to be making any difference.  I had planned on cooking something simple for tea but to tell you truth neither of us are really hungry.  Thirsty yes, but not hungry.  As the humidity is high again it is affecting my joints so have had to have some pain killer to try and ease things off a bit.  Just one of those things.

I washed my hair last night and let it drip dry as I was so hot (I normally do the drip dry job as I have psoriasis and if I use a hairdryer to dry my hair I end up with a bad dose of psoriasis - so unless I am in a hurry or my hair is being styled I let it dry naturally.  Needless to say because my hair is very fine it has gone haywire like an unruly haystack this morning.  Nice and clean but a bit flyaway and that is with using an Argan based shampoo and some serum!

Could really do with being by the coast in this sort of weather at least you have a chance of dipping in the sea to cool down or just paddling and feeling the sand between your toes and just browsing the beaches and rockpools to find little treasures like sea worn glass or pretty shells and pebbles.  Don't think so this year maybe next more's the pity.

Now I have had a few weeks of doing nothing I really need to get stuck in and get things sorted.  Not as many lunches this week thank goodness so should be able to get stuck in on both the house and the garden although you  never know I may have a little trip out here and there.

My thoughts this week though are with two of my friends who have both lost dear loved ones in the past week to ten days.  Blessings to both of them.

Right am orff to get a drink, keep myself hydrated and hopefully cool down.

Hope you all have a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts