Recent Charity Shop Finds and Ebay items.

I promised this post a couple of days ago.  Sort of forgot about it, sorry some days I just think I have left my brain behind.  Anyways are you sitting comfortably, then I will begin.


It was one of those days where I just found a few things.  Can go for days and days and not find anything and then it all just tumbles out of nowhere.

I had been in the Charity shop earlier in the morning.  There had not been much to choose from at that time but during the course of the day they had received some new donated items which had been put out on sale more or less straight away.

I came away with three Demijohns two at £2.00 each (cost £9 apiece to buy new); one brown Demijohn (used for the darker coloured wines) at £3.50  - it had some other bits of winemaking equipment in there as well including a new hose and some corks.

I also came away with a Kilner drinks bottle and nine small milk bottle jars/drinking containers (only two of which are shown)





I also came away with this miniature bird cage which will be ideal for a small plant to drape out of; and






The piece de resistance is this very pretty tea set.  I think this might be a "seconds" set as the printing is a bit off from piece to piece but it is quite lovely.  Roses, just love them. There is even a little rose inside the cup.



Also whilst in town I popped into Age Concern and located a very sturdy batter bowl and also a wicker lined basket.  I quite like my wicker ware as it is so useful for displaying items in. photos to follow.


Today I have found a pin board which I intend to revamp with wadding, fabric and ribbon to pretty it up and then will use it near my desk.


I also found a Tupperware plastic ring mould for making terrine, jelly etc.


So some pretty lucky finds all the same.


I am feeling quite pleased with myself as the other day I managed to find a white porcelain pestle and mortar at the Charity shop.  A medium sized one, since then on flea bay I have located a small and an extra large one.  So that means I now have all three sizes which I am very chuffed about.  Years ago I had a medium sized one which accidentally got broken however the new ones cost an arm and a leg.  So I am very harry chuffed with this.




I have also added a couple of more Rumptopf pots.  I don't just use them for Rumptopf but also for making my home made  mincemeat, and also Batchelors Jam (the French version of Rumptopf but you use Brandy instead).  You can also use them for making sauerkraut (something I do not like).






I have also added to my Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady crockery by Noritake.  Many years ago I found at a car boot the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady Dinner set with Tureens and coffee/tea set. 


I have managed to find and add six more dinner plates to the set at a very good price.  Every piece is in pristine condition.  That means that with a couple of more pieces I will have a complete 12 piece dinner/tea coffee set.  I picked up the soup tureens and bowls x 12 sometime ago also and have also added two jugs and also two cheese dishes.  I also managed to find the twelve months of the year plates by Caverswell - yet again Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady.


And finally, another vintage embroidered picture.  This time of a market scene which I am pretty pleased about.  There is just something about the Edwardian/Victorian style pictures that I love not to mention that each one I have located so far is expertly embroidered.  A lot of them need to be framed, and this one needs reframing to tidy it up.



So I have not done too badly in the larger scheme of things.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts