Fantastic Day

I have had a fantastic day spending it with a  very good friend who I used to work with and being joined by another equally good friend for a little while.  We have been round an antiques centre, a craft shop, a reduced warehouse shop, a £ stretchers, and a very large garden centre with lots of concession aisles off of it.  It has been lovely to spend some quality time with a very good friend not doing anything in particular but just enjoying each other's company and putting the world to rights.  Those kind of friends are worth their weight in gold.

We have had steak and onion sandwiches for tea which have gone down very nicely.

Last evening I made a quick batch of Strawberry and Apple Jam.  I produced six jars of jam.  This evening I have a batch of Strawberry and Rhubarb jam as well as just Strawberry jam to make. I also have Raspberry and Peach jam to make as well.  All useful additions to the pantry shelf whether they be used in puddings, pies, pastries, cakes, in other baked goods to make sauces, steamed puddings etc. etc.

Well today it is the first day of autumn and the nights are really starting to draw in.  Where has this year gone everything seems to really have gone quickly this year.  It will soon be Christmas.

Today is also a very good friend's birthday, my step-son and his wife's first wedding anniversary.

I really yearn to be down at the coast at the moment but unless I win the lottery that is not going to happen any time soon.  We shall have to wait and see what happens.  I find the sea and sand soothing balm to everyday problems and one day I would love to live there a dream at the moment but my dream.

Right the jam pan calls.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan xx

Comments

Popular Posts