Saturday evening round up

It has been a busy day although to look on things face first hardly much has moved but that is par for the course.


I went shopping to Hobbycraft first thing this morning as they had previously had some Ball jars on offer but sadly they did not have the ones that I wanted and they were now off the offer in any event so I came away without jars but I shall look for more jars further in the week especially the wide mouth Ball jars.  They were good to use.

I did however come away with a few more Christmas decorations.  Oohps they must just have slipped in.  Walk away quickly in case anyone notices!

I also came away with a wooden box.  What does she want a wooden box for.  Well I bought a pyrography tool last time I went to Hobbycraft and forgot to buy anything wooden to practice on. I have sent for some small blanks off of ebay to do this but saw the box at a reasonable price and as I like home-crafted things I thought that the box would be a useful addition once decorated.  Not sure where it is for yet but it will come to me.  There is something lurking at the back of my mind just not materialised yet.  

I also bought some blue card to pop in a picture frame to do another shell project which will come before the shell mirror post as I wanted to play with things before committing to the mirror and play with the shells so that I can get the best out of them.

I was looking at the lovely display of all their Christmas bits and bobs and was initially looking at some plastic baubles, the ones you can put a pressie inside and then put its lid on and hang it off the tree like a Christmas bauble or add sweeties to.  I already have some.  Then I got to thinking - where possible whatever I buy from now on I do not want to be plastic if I can help it.  Realistically those items I already have in the house - I have, and there is still a lot of life and use in them so they will not be removed just for the sake of it.  That would really make a mockery of things. At the end of the day we really have to be sensible about this.  I am therefore endeavouring not to buy plastic wherever possible and am looking for alternative items. where possible - but this might not be an option in some cases.

So I changed tack, had another look and found some glass ones that looked like miniature snow storm globes.  I have bought six of these and am going to do something with them so that they hang on the tree.  I would rather have the glass items anyway - my tree has more glass ornaments than plastic.

I have also bought some wooden pre-cut decorations for use throughout the house.  I like wooden ornaments and am particularly fond of the German Ornaments like the Nutcrackers and the revolving candle nativity holders. I have several of these too and a lot of the Nutcrackers have musical movements in them.  They have a charm all of their own.  Last time I went I bought a lovely Advent calendar chest made up of little drawers which lights up.

Pictures to follow.  Camera battery is flat at the moment - been a little overworked I think.

Mind you I was mighty relieved to sit down earlier this evening.  Phew.

Right upwards and onwards catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts