What a gusty day

Its been wet, windy and horrid today - however has not been too cold.  I have been engaged with doing battle royal with the kitchen and I am pleased to say at last I am over half way done.  It has taken longer than I had anticipated but as long as it is lovely and clean at the end of the day that is all I am interested in.  I have a lot of kitchen equipment, after all cooking is one of my main hobbies and I have accumulated lots of useful stuff over the years its just that I do not have the space. I mean cupboard space by that as I only have a tiny galley kitchen. So I have a couple of plastic trunks which I am going to put the fancy bakeware into and just keep the necessities in the cupboards.  So If I want to do something fancy I will just have to retrieve it from whichever chest it is in first.  Everything is being cleaned as I go along so this deep clean is more akin to a spring clean.  Hopefully I will be able to get everything organised that bit more so that I can get to things easily.

I am going to start on cleaning out and organising the big cupboards after tea.  It will be another late night.  It was 1:00pm again before I got to bed this morning. I also need to clean the top of the cupboards as well this evening after tea.  There is not too much more to go although OH still has not been able to get in to do the jobs I asked for as I was not quite ready.  He still has the cooker, the sink and the cupboard to sort out and also look at the washing machine connections as I have a suspicion that one of them is dripping.  

It depends on the weather tomorrow as to what happens.  If the weather is okay then we intend to attack the shed and get that all sorted.  If the weather is not very good OH will be in the kitchen doing his tasks.  Even  more reason for me to get on and get everything sorted as I can this evening.  However the cleaning is the priority at the moment.  The painting can be achieved one day/night during the week once I have got everything organised.

Unfortunately I cannot do anything with all the bottles and jars out of the condiments cupboard as I need OH to sort out the shelf in there.  Once that is done a lot of clutter can be cleared from the worktop

One of the side effects of getting the kitchen all nice and clean is that I have a big pile of ironing waiting to be done so I should be able to wade through that a little at a time which will be another good thing out of the way.  Its a messy way of working but it is the only way at the moment because of the clutter that I can actually achieve anything.  It is worse than doing a jigsaw puzzle.

I am looking forward though to getting some of my other things out and about instead of in boxes.

One of the other side effects of living in a terrace is that the middle room (i.e. the dining room) becomes somewhat of a cluttered room as we both tend to put stuff down and not put it away so we are going to have to try and tidy up after ourselves from now on in.

We are having roast chicken, home made chips again and baked beans.  I am hungry and looking forward to it.

Right sit down achieve to take some of the stiffness and pain out of my back.  Now to see what is going on with tea.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Good grief, you are a real night owl! These days we struggle to stay awake much past 9 p.m.!! However, we do have a lot of early mornings (some really silly o'clock like 3.30 a.m. starts) so I guess we can't burn the candle both ends. I hope your kitchen is all cleaned and as you want it again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts