"Morning"






Morning not promised but something that we all hope for and something to appreciate.


I first came across the Peer Gynt suite at school.  We were given classes in a combination of musical appreciation and movement when I was a nine year old.  I fell in love with the whole of this suite I think because it was a "Fairy tale" piece of music that strongly appealed to my imagination.  Although I had been quite highly exposed to classical music, (my father being a classical music buff and I mean all sorts of medieval style music which he used to listen to on the Radio 4 and which he used to record on his Ferrograph) this was something a lot lighter and it made me really feel and be able to express myself in free form dance.  I had at that time only just started taking ballet lessons so this was a completely new thing to me.  I was fond of Peter and the Wolf and Sparky the Magic Piano to name a couple of the children's classical pieces but this piece was very light, very different.

For those of you who want to know the story behind Edward Grieg's Peer Gynt suite please see the link here: 


The house is quiet at the moment apart from a Jack Russell noisily attacking her drink bowl and lapping continuously otherwise everything is quiet.  The sky looks brighter than it has done for some days and it is not as chilly as it has been although I am stiff and it is damp.

OH has just scooted away to fetch my step-son and take them both to work (they both work together).  He has gone armed with his Lasagna in a big Pyrex bowl with a generous sprinkling of grated cheese to add to the bowl once the pasta has been nuked.  It should keep him going for the rest of the day. I just hope he brings back the bowl!  If he is working lates he will let me know but at least he has something substantial and warm for mid-day until he gets home for tea.

I am just about to go down to make a cup of tea for Missy and myself.  The cats have already been sorted with their morning fuss and fresh water.  We have a meet and greet every morning.  Sometimes it involves cuddles depends on their particular mood.  Demetri has left the building and hopefully I will see him later once he has stretched his legs a little.  

I have already decided that we are having Cottage pie for tea (I prepared this on Saturday and it has been in the fridge since) this evening, probably with a home made rice pudding to follow or even a bread and butter one.  As I cooked extensively over the weekend.

I have some sorting out to do not in a particular room but some serious sorting all the same to pack like stuff with like stuff and stack it neatly out of the way prior to being able to attack another room.  I am armed with bin liner in hand to dump the rubbish.


Hopefully I shall be back a little later.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts