Arghh Bisto .....

No not Bisto (although there is a little in the gravy) but the smells wafting out of the slow cooker, crock pot, thingummy bob really do smell delicious.


I am aiming to sit down and see the last of the Return to the Chateau this evening and actually get to see it all the way through.  All I have got to do is to prepare the mashed potatoes and I think I am going to have a glass of red wine with it.  The beer I have used is one from my stash but it smells decidedly hoppy so I think will go well with the beef. I am salivating at the mere thought.

I currently have another couple of Nan/Mum's plum bread in the cooker.  Thought would need some more.  So that's for me and my bruv!  We are a dip your bread sort of family and after the main meal anything goes usually cold cuts with all the pickles, chutneys etc.  and everyone just goes and helps themselves to whatever is going.  Very relaxed.

Whilst at the veg shop earlier I found two bags of small beetroot at 50p per bag.  That will be turned into pickled beetroot as they are.  Already have loads of sliced in but was not going to turn my nose up at such a bargain as OH eats a lot of beetroot.  

Right need to get the  mash on the go and then a sit down for a while.  Going to be another late night and an early morning.

Catch you sometime tomorrow.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts