Crochet blankets different patterns


My blanket is gradually coming along.  



I have eight squares completed just about to start the ninth.  Just a basic throw at the end of the day but my fingers needed to be doing something.  I have made many blankets over the years in just trebles and squares and have been looking for some other patterns to do.  I feel the need to expand my repertoire.  As I am more of a visual learner (along with loads of other people) I find it easier to get things straight in my mind if I am shown how to do things.  I have been surprised by how helpful some of the tutorials on You Tube have been.  In the process I have found a couple of possibilities for future blankets. One is called the virus blanket and the other the shell blanket.  I am still not sure which one it will be at this precise moment in time but I hope to have the wool put to one side before I start it.  Often if I am working squares I only buy in a little wool at a time.  Whereas in a bigger project I prefer to have all the wool together before I start.



The link to the shell blanket is here : Shell blanket and the Virus blanket is here Virus blanket both available off You Tube and both tutorials presented by Joanna Martinez.  I also like this version off You Tube by Katrina's Kreations - Virus with Granny.



Which one of these lovely options would you choose.  The jury is out here as at the moment I am very undecided although possibly at the moment am leaning towards the virus blanket (although this may well change).  

The stimulation for this was that my friend L had received a beautiful throw as a present from her niece - it looked stunning worked in different shades of purple and lilac and set off the creative process for me in that if I could find a decent pattern these might be eminently makeable as Christmas presents.  My core base craft is crochet as it grows quickly and I can pick it up and put it down as and when necessary without losing where I am.

So which would you go for (the photos shown are not mine and obtained off the internet but do not necessarily reflect the version of the blanket as included in the links).

Look forward to hearing from you.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Love them all - the purpley one is gorgeous, but I think the colourful one would be great in the grey days of winter. Have fun with your crochet - I'm finishing a hexi quilt I bought (unfinished!) from the car boot sale yesetrday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennie, the version made by my friend's niece was done in the purple colourway and that is what appealed to me but you are right about the colourful one being more cheery in colder weather. I really am itching to get on with some crafting stuff properly especially the patchwork but I can only do what I can do at the moment. I have not even managed to do any crochet for the last couple of days. Enjoy finishing your Hexie quilt. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts