List of things to do commencing Monday 27 January 2020

I am trying to get organised so I am going back to my lists!  At least with a list I can tick things off and add things on before my start date which I have decided is going to be a Monday of each week.  Lists like this are going to run from a Monday to a Sunday.

This does not relate to household cleaning tasks but things probably more on the food front that I need to get done and out of the way with.

So here we go:


  1. Put batteries into the clock in the dining room.  It is a simple job that keeps getting missed.  The clock in the dining room is the one I look most at when downstairs without it I drift off and then lose time.  So it is important that this one is dealt with.  I have to get the ladder out to sort this out.
  2. Put the clock up in the kitchen with new batteries.  Have to locate clock first!
  3. Make chicken stock, veg stock and freeze.
  4. Make yogurt.
  5. Make pastry for a steak pie (homemade) including cooking the pie filling and finishing the pie.  Yummy!
  6. Make some Potted Beef.  I have a new recipe to try.
  7. Make some Savoury Ducks.
  8. Still have some Stilton left so another bunch of Stilton and Broccoli soup to be made.
  9. Make a batch of French Onion Soup.  I have some Gruyere in the fridge which needs using up and I love Gruyere with hot French onion soup.
  10. Make an old English Cheesecake.
  11. Make Marmalade.  Have a couple of recipes including a Ginger version.
  12. Make Pickled eggs.  Have a stash of vinegar getting in the way so it needs to be used up pronto.
  13. See if I can get some plums from the Veg shop.  Have in mind to make some plum jam, and some plum wine for starters.
  14. I have a stash of dried ingredients to decant into jars and label up.
  15. To dehydrate a couple of batches of mixed vegetables for pantry storage, primarily for use in stews and soups.
  16. Dehydrate celery to make celery powder.
  17. Start off the Ginger Beer Plant.
  18. Make Ginger Ice Cream sauce with Ginger wine.
  19. Make Ginger cordial.
  20. Make Ginger wine.
  21. Start White Sourdough Starter.
  22. Start Brown Sourdough Starter.
  23. Make Chilli jam.
  24. Make Sweet Chilli sauce. 
  25. Make long keeping mint sauce.
  26. Make Rosemary Salt.
  27. Dry some fresh Oregano.

That will do for starters and as I have said I can always add or take away a few things, especially if I manage to get ahead of myself and get things done quicker than anticipated.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts