Sorting out the Condiments Cupboard

One of the chores I have to deal with in the kitchen is to sort out the condiments cupboard. I have had to do this before anything else as I just have not been able to find what I have been looking for.  The condiments cupboard is only a small cupboard at above eye level and it is located next to the side of my cooker. This is where I keep quite a few of my sauces, cornflour, stock cubes and pots, arrowroot, everyday herbs and spices.  The stuff I use on a daily basis with the more exotic bits going into the pantry.

Last week I nipped into town specifically looking for some jars I had seen just before Christmas.  Unfortunately they did not have any left so I am going to have to have another rummage around for those. They are angled jars but I need about four six of them as they are required for keeping my stock pot tubs and cubes in, chicken, beef and veg. Fingers crossed I will find them soon until then they will have to stay in the small tubs that they are in at present.  Once these jars are located that will mean the condiments cupboard will be well and truly ready and can be crossed off the list.

Whilst rootling around up town I did find a couple of organising slim trays which will also help me find things a little easier than I have been able to thus far.  They are designed to go into the main pantry when I get that sorted.  In the meantime I will keep collating suitable containers and items for storing further items in the pantry including more large Sweet Jars and stone crocks.  My ground glass storage jars are on my dresser in the dining room and currently there is no room for them in the pantry but I shall also carry on collecting them as well.

So little veers in the road are leading to jobs being specifically done its just that I am not getting on as quickly as I had hoped.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts