Just a few of the projects Part 2


I have many kits to work in my stash as well as lots of fabric to make things.  One of the issues I have at present is not being able to focus and get stuck in on a particular project.  My sewing area is not sorted at the moment and until I have a work space where I can move a lot of the projects  are on hold, my sewing and patchwork projects being at the forefront of these.  However there are loads of other projects and kits besides this.  

Below is a beautiful cushion project which is strung on its frame for working. A project which has been started  but which has not gone very far.  It is too beautiful a cushion not to carry on with and so it is in the UFO Box along with loads of lovely other goodies.  I just love the colours of this one and it is designated for the front room.




One of my crochet blankets which is not far off completion.  I need more wool for this to finish it so until I can get to buy that it remains in the UFO box.  That is one of the reasons I am currently working on the other one. The new one is just in the white and turquoise colours.



One of a couple of cushion panels worked in thicker wool in cross stitch for completion.



Prima Nasturtiums kit.  This is designated for my kitchen.  I have two of these panels one of which is three quarters worked.   The chequer board effect is time consuming to work, but they are lovely individual panels.


This was a cushion cover panel that I bought off Ebay.  Whoever made it up into a cushion did not really do a good job of it.  It therefore needs taking to pieces and a new case cover made for it.  The needlepoint itself is very nicely worked.


This is a butterfly cushion chart that I have. I just love the colours so this is in the list of cushion panels to work in due course.



Another one of my blankets/throws.  Blends beautifully with the butterfly chart above and also the cushion right at the top of the post. I love colour.  I cannot get at this at the moment but it will be liberated shortly. I just love the colours.


Some patchwork bundles I bought.  I need to buy more fabric to complement it in due course to make a couple of single quilt/throws.




Another shot of the crochet blanket opened out a bit.



This needlepoint kit was the most I have ever spent on a kit.  It is still in its packaging but is one of the panels designated for my front room cushions in due course.



This is perhaps my oldest outstanding kit to work.  I started it when I was still married over 40 years ago.   A cross stitch traditional sampler.  Cannot find the threads at the moment so if I cannot locate these may have to substitute some from my stash.  It is very similar to a sampler I bought already worked a few years ago very different colourway though.



I absolutely love Glorafilia kits.  I am looking forward to working this one as well.  Will go with my Country Diary stuff.


A finished Lily of the Valley and Wild Violet picture.  Designated for my bedroom.  Need to find a suitable frame.



This is a kit I bought to work a crochet bedcover for my room.   It is safely put away to work when some of the other items have been completed.  OH has ideas of me joining him on outings a bit more at the weekends during the better weather which will probably involve him fishing, so an ideal opportunity to take some of the hand work with me to get it out of the way with.  I can crochet whilst travelling in the van as well.



As many of you regular readers will know I have a fascination with the English seasons and I also love the imagery of The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady range.  I have many of the original designs and items collected over many years.  This includes the craft book and included in that book is this vintage style cotton crochet bedspread worked in squares.  I aim to work this in due course but as my bed is a super king I am going to have to make some adjustments to the pattern.  However it is worked in squares and then joined together.  I intend to work this in a cream colourway.



This Christmas stocking is finished and in the Christmas decoration stash.  It was worked from a kit.





This is another one of my crochet blankets that was worked about 5 years ago for a work colleague who was having her first baby.  It was made nice and big so that when she was nursing at night, she could cuddle under the blanket with her baby son and so it would keep them both warm.




I am fortunate to have so many lovely things being worked or which are in the pipeline to be worked.  I am hopeful that in the months to come that my completion time for turning over items and getting them finished increases.  a lot of my pocket money over the years has gone into these kits and items.  My home is my weakness.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts