Yummy

Tea was wonderful.  The steak and ale pie (with lovely shortcrust pastry that had a lot of flavour) served up with steamed cabbage, petit pois, carrots, cauliflower and boiled potatoes that we mashed up with our forks on our plates and then saturated in gravy.   The pie was an extra large and we have had a good quarter of a pie each and there is a quarter left for each of us for tomorrow night's tea.  I had prepared extra veg to save me cooking tomorrow evening but that seems to have disappeared as well so I will have to cook the veg again.  I am out with a friend tomorrow for the day and thought that I would be saving myself some time but also making sure that OH had his tea when he was ready for it but hey ho.   Best laid plans of mice and men have a habit of falling apart.

My pickled onions are done. I have five large jars to add to my stash. I have another stone net this time of shallots to do but later in the week I think let my hands warm up a bit before then.

It has been cold here today and I hope it is warmer tomorrow.  At least will have another good warm meal to come home to.

It will be back into the kitchen tomorrow night and then sometime early evening I want to try and contact another friend.

Inbetween everything else I am also on the lookout for items to make for Christmas presents later on in the year. I have found one or two things so far which I think will be ideal but more about that in a separate future post.  There are lots of small projects to start with as some of it is patchwork related.  There are also useful jam jar covers, bowl covers, ironing board covers, beeswax sheets as well as aprons for everyday use in the house.  I need to have a play session dealing with this kind of stuff probably when OH is back at work.  I have a lot of resources available in fabrics etc. but now need to concentrate the time and get stuck in and get producing.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts