Thursday and Friday round up

Thursday

The hot French Onion soup helped a lot yesterday and the hot toddy also helped.  OH though has been severely affected and is stuffed up to high heaven with this nuisance of a cold.  He has had more soup today.

It has been a quiet day in that he has been sleeping a lot (he did not sleep very well last night).

I have been pottering and editing posts that were written a long way back, adding extra information and updating.  This is how I work.  I get ideas and start writing especially the posts concerning old memories or experiences. There are stacks of posts half drafted to come in due course.

I am now up to 30 squares on my crochet blanket so very slow progress is being made.  I will run out of wool before I get it finished.

We had sausage and onion buns for tea which went down very nicely.  With this cold OH seems to be sharing neither of us were really hungry but we needed to have something to eat.

Friday

This cold is really getting me down and I ended up crashing out as did OH.  Neither of us were up very early.

Breakfast was scrambled egg and bread and butter for me.  OH had cheese on toast.

The sun has been out today which is lovely to see it is a pity I have missed much of it.

Have had no energy and a lot of pain again today.  Feel there might be a bit more rain yet.

I am looking forward to dabbling with some embroidery projects again soon.  Well in truthfulness I want to start now but in reality this is not going to happen.  I need my printer to print off the pattern and I have no ink left.  I have linen and I have lots of different embroidery threads, but as the pattern is in pdf format it needs printing out.  Well no doubt will get to it at some point.  I really want to dry run this as I am extremely rusty on my embroidery skills.  I thought also that it may be a way of making some Christmas presents for friends and family and get me back into the swing of embroidering before I start on completing some of the vintage projects that I have.  In particular I have two cloths, a vintage floral and also a poppy cloth.  The poppy cloth was started prior to the World War II and I would like to get this done.  The needlework is beautiful.  The same as the vintage linen flower one.  I love both cloths.






Have not even managed any crocheting today as feel so yuck.

I am hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Thank you Jennie. Hope you feeling a lot better too. At least we had sunshine yesterday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've all had a nasty cold too. I hope you are both on the mend again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, this one has been a horror. Thank you for your good wishes and I hope you are all more comfy too. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts