A trip to the Vets and other things

We had to go to the vets with Missy our Jack Russell this morning as she has been struggling with walking just recently especially when it has been cold.  An appointment was booked for 10:30am and she came in on the lead.  Give her her due bless her she tries to walk sometimes she can do it relatively easily and another time not.

Appointment went well with the Vet. We were not allowed in with her, due to the Covid 19 Regulations, but perhaps that is not a bad thing either. The Vet was lovely, only a very young one did not look old enough to be a Vet and Missy surprisingly went off happily with her.  Perhaps it was because the Vet spoke to her in the same way that I do.  She came back quite happily as well having had a manicure and the Vet confirmed that she does have some arthritis issues but also has some teeth issues as well.  She is booked in for surgery tomorrow morning to have the teefs dealt with.  She has however been put on a pain killer and also some antibiotics.  Most people find that getting animals to take meds is next to impossible.  Missy tends to take anything if it is covered in butter.  The antibiotics are in liquid form though and have to be mixed in with her food we gave her one of her favourites to eat and that was soon polished down without any butter.

So fingers crossed that everything will go alright for her tomorrow.  She has to be there really early and then will be the afternoon before we get her back; fingers crossed and all that.  The house will be quiet without her as she is a very vocal little dog.  In the past three years or so she has been my constant companion during the day when her Dad has not been about.  As I have said, she is very vocal (as are my cats) and she usually manages to get over to you exactly what she wants whether that be a drink, something to eat or something she wants. Sometimes it is just a matter of her wanting a blanket covering her. The teefs treatment is for her own good but you cannot help but worry.

After the Vets we took her for a walk and then went on to a bakery we use from there to get something to eat for lunch (they do the most delicious ham and salad buns) a couple of cakes and some crispy buns before heading home.  We then came back to the house and I started cleaning the freezer trays which were left out last night.  I used copious amounts of hot water, washing soda, washing up liquid and elbow grease to get them all spotless. It took me a good couple of hours as there are about eight trays in total. OH has now got them back into the freezer and we have all the meat in there now which is a relief.  The meat was lovely and cold still when we took it out of the cold box which was a blessing.  So have managed to recover the situation somewhat.  Phew.  however the bonus to this is I now have a freezer up and running which means that I can save bits and freeze bits that I find as I go along.

OH has a few days off this week and so tomorrow weather permitting we are going to start tackling the shed and sorting that out.  This is going to need sometime as I am intent on getting rid of as much rubbish as we can (doing a proper job), getting the shed sorted again and so that it is organised and I can find stuff when I need it. I am also planning on putting some of my active  Demijohns in there out of the way to process.  I also have quite a stash of bottles and jars in the shed which also need sorting out.  

We also need to have another look at the other freezers which I think have had it and then hopefully will be able to arrange replacements soon. As I mentioned yesterday I had managed to remove quite a few boxes that had been in the shed and dispose of them.  I had two bin liners of washing as a result of that (a lot of it brand new items that have never been used).  However some of them needed a wash and the others got a wash irrespective.   I am about half way through that washing.  It will be good to get it all done, items ironed and then popped away in the linen chest.

It has been very cold here today, bright but cold and the temperature has dropped again this evening and I think a frost is forecast.  I have not been able to get to my growing sheds today because of stuff being out of the shed, but they are all wrapped up and do have propogator lids on them.  Fingers crossed they survive!

Hope everything is well in your world.  I still have email issues and no phone at the moment.  Can receive emails in but cannot send them.  Must get my techy head on and try and get this sorted although I am having trouble focusing at the moment which is not helping.

Catch you all soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts