Saturday

 A quiet day overall.  We were supposed to be up early and off to the fish man, but we overslept so no fish today.

OH did some more work to my new sink unit when we did get up. He has installed the shelf underneath.  So the sink unit is built up but we are waiting for the worktop to be delivered which should be next Friday.  Then he will be able to start and get the sink in situ which will mean that one side of the kitchen will then be done where installing units are concerned although the wall tiling and floor tiling will follow further down the line.  Then we can start on the other side.  The units are very simple and Shaker style.

I have been pottering doing household things for part of the day and then cooking in the latter part.

It has been very cold here today, and we have had a short snow shower as well.  I had to nip to the shop for some bits but that is the only time I have been out of the house today.  I did not get the extra trees but if they are still there tomorrow may well get a couple of pear and apple.  We will see what happens then.  I would like to locate some other fruit bushes, and also some Asparagus and Strawberry plants as well.

For Christmas, my step-son bought his Dad and I a bottle of Gin each.  OH's was a Blood Orange Gin by Malfy which I do like.  However, he bought me a bottle of Whitley Neill Rhubarb and Ginger Gin which I absolutely love.  We have been drinking the gin with a spot of lemonade.  There is still quite a bit left but the Rhubarb and Ginger is my fave.  Might have to add these to the drinks cabinet.




Tea tonight has been a Barnsley Lamb chop apiece served with Carrot Batons, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Peas and mashed potato and served with lashings of gravy.  It was very tasty and has gone down a treat.




We have roast pork tomorrow which we are looking forward to.  Hopefully there will be lots of nice crunchy crackling.

I still have some mince, some gammon steaks and some chipolatas and bacon to use up so OH may well be getting a cooked breakfast or two down the line as well as a Lasagna before I go to the Butcher's again.

At the moment it is bitterly cold out and the forecast indicates that it will probably be minus 2 overnight here in Peterborough.  Just keep safe and warm wherever you may be.  I know that the temperatures are likely to be much lower elsewhere.  I am so pleased we have the heating fixed.

Right am off to watch a film.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts