Tuesday

 Has been another bitterly cold day where again I have kept to the house.  We woke up with less snow than we went to bed with, but there have been several flurries throughout the day.  I am so glad I am inside.  Although we do not have a fire at least it is nice and warm.

Someone else who has been enjoying keeping warm is our Missy.  The ball by the way is her constant friend.  It is the first thing she goes for of a morning and insists that I play with her and is backwards and forwards with it throughout the day.  By choice it is me that she comes to when she wants to play.









To tell the truth whilst I have been resting up and I have been trying to re-charge my batteries before I start about other work that seriously needs focusing on.  I have had a fatigue attack on top of the sickness but feel a lot better today than I have done so far.

The good news is that the new bed and the Trundle bed for underneath it is due to arrive tomorrow.  That will be another good thing out of the way with and we will be able to get that up and done with tomorrow.  Then it will be just the kitchen stuff on Friday to be delivered.

I did start to tidy my desk the other day but ended up not completing it and so I am therefore dealing with that this evening.  The day bed will sit alongside the desk and so therefore I want to be able to access the desk and the day bed respectively easily which is not the case as I am typing this.

On the crochet front I have now worked 40 squares of the green and white blanket I am working on.  Only another 20 squares to work at the moment, although I may well end up working extra squares in white to surround the blanket.  I did try and source more of the green but at the moment that is not available. So we shall see how this pans out.  However am slowly getting there.  It has been quite soothing to sit in the warm listening/watching TV and busy working the individual squares.

To keep the squares clean I have popped ten completed squares into a ziplock bag, pending the completion of the blanket and joining together.  I now have four of these with ten squares each.  It is keeping them nice and clean and together.

OH has received his invitation for his Covid 19 first-part injection today which is due to take place on Friday morning.  He is nearly five years older than me.  I am assuming that I will be in the next tranche of allocations.  That is normally how it works out or has done at least with the standard flu injections.  We will see what we will see.

We have been without the car again today and hopefully it will be returned tomorrow.

Right am off to get on with the desk!

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. It's -28 today before the windchill is factored in. Getting stir crazy, so plugged the car in last night (for the block heater, we don't have an electric car) and went out for a drive. Wound up in a thrift store, and joy upon joys, a coffee out. The restaurants here were allowed to reopen yesterday.

    The dogs are refusing to go out unless it's to use the facilities. The old one will lie on the snow to soothe his arthritis and the little one come straight back in. Both are double coated and raised in this area, so, these winters are all they have ever known.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello 50 and counting. I think a lot of people have been going stir crazy. In many respects though it has not affected me as much as others. The thing I miss is being able to go and mooch around charity shops. I enjoy the mooching as much as anything else. You certainly have cold temperatures far worse than us. Unfortunately due to medical conditions I feel the cold changes here before they take full effect and a lot of the time it feels as if I have ice racing round in my blood. It is just one of those things but if I get too cold I end up poorly. It is a nuisance really as I have always wanted to go and see the Northern Lights as well as go to Canada and various other places but I fear these days would be far too cold for me. Glad you have been able to get out for a little while. Hopefully in the UK we will slowly now come out of this lockdown. Take care Tricia

      Delete
  2. Only the merest smattering of snow her in Builth, but more on the surrounding hills. Friday it's meant to be snowing properly.

    I had my vaccination this morning (a relief) -0 the Pfizer one.

    I hope you are soon re-charged again and feeling back to normal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts