Many Happy Bumps of the day

 to G, my partner.

I had asked if he wanted me to cook something a bit different to our usual fare this evening, but he was not bothered.  So asked him if he wanted a good stew and maybe a Tapioca pudding for afters. He seemed very enthusiastic about this and so thus the menu is sorted for this evening.  Sometime later.

I have located the missing Tapioca after a few weeks of looking. I am going to make a Rice pudding for myself though as I hate Tapioca with a vengeance!  I had, plans to make a Black Forest Gateau but that can wait until the weekend for a surprise (he does not read the Blog but does follow on Facebook via Instagram and this post does not show on either of them).  It is a bit Retro but when you are of a certain age, you know what you like and you don't like.  We are both fans of Black Forest Gateau!

So that is all in progress and hopefully it will go down well.

Update:

Tea went down very nicely.  The stew and the puddings have done what was asked of them and we have the same again for tomorrow night's tea.  If I had the freezer the stew would probably have gone in there for another day and we have something different tomorrow.  However as I currently do not have a freezer or freezers like I used to have, we eat up the following day so as to get the most out of what we have.  It saves on money, energy and time issues preparing this way.  Time for me is probably the greatest factor.

The stew served with mashed buttery potatoes.



The "Frogspawn" pudding






The Rice pudding.





In reality, today has been spent scrubbing the kitchen for the best part.  It is not doing my arm any good, but needs to be done.  

Have found another piece of equipment that looks as though it has/will be going to the great recycling centre in the sky.  OH is going to have a look at it before the final decision is made.  It may be me just being "cack-handed".  It is my soup maker/veggie steamer which has been a really good bit of kit.  Not a happy bunny.

I have also managed to source some ordinary cooking rice from the Co-Op.  Their own Honest Value rice is £1.20 for 1kg. I have bought 2kg back home as I am low on rice and want to get this and other items re-stocked up. I intend to get a few more bags as I do use rice quite frequently especially in homemade stir-fry meals.  I usually alternate with medium or fine noodles as well. 

We have been living out of the Pantry a lot recently and I need to re-stock  up the levels to a more comfortable level to what they have gone down to at present.  I need a major tin stock up as well.  Even if it is only a bag of this here and there it is worth doing just to make sure that you have enough in case of unseen eventualities.  I think a proper shop is going to be a couple of months off at the moment, but will see what happens.  However it has given me an opportunity to clear items out and we have had some interesting meals.




It will also depend on how much and what I can source inbetween times.

I had hoped to have got a bread loaf on today as well, but that will have to happen tomorrow now.

Enjoy your evening.

Keep warm and safe.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts