Upwards and onwards Part One

 I did quite a bit last night, just could not get it quite cleared.  However several "procrastinated" piles have now been sorted through and the rubbish dumped, the bare minimum of information being retained.  I have also found quite a bit of my paper crafting dies for my Big Shot machine too which are contained within the desk.  I have a big box of dies in the back bedroom  and I am hoping the box that they are stored in will actually slip in under the desk which would be quite accessible.  Before I even try and see if it fits, I want the bedroom finished.  That can be tried separately.  If it does not fit I might have to look for another box to fit and then decant all the dies and cutters in there. I have some ideas for using some of the dies to personalise some picture frames I have.

Talking of picture frames, quite a while back I worked in long stitch some Lake District and Scottish scenes.  The first one I worked was framed up and popped into a little green frame.  I found the frame split in half with the glass broken (It had got knocked over) and so one of my little projects for tomorrow is to fix the frame.  I still need to source some replacement glass but I may be able to do that by going and having a look in the Charity shop to see what they have.  It would be nice to get it repaired and back on the wall.  I have a few others of these to finish.  Some of them are quite well on with being worked but I ended up running out of wool so I am going to have to try and source this in due course.  At least if I get the glue gun out (which I also found under the desk), will be part-way through repairing and restoring this little bit of craft work.

Equally I have sorted my sewing box out, it is a bit battered but was in a right tangle.  I now need to find a pot to put a multiple of larger upholstery needles into, in the sewing box. I did find my crinkle edged rotary blade cutter though.  I need that for a seasonal project.  A separate box is holding a mixture of beads, ribbons and embroidery threads.  I also found a card with a load of threads on.  Was scratching my head could  not remember where it had come from.  Wasn't sure where it came from but when I looked closer it was part of a medication box and it had the person's name on it which was my sister-in-law Chrissy's name. 



There is a bit of a tale to this.  

A few months ago I found a chart that my sister-in-law Chrissy gave to me.  Unfortunately I could not locate the legend, so I was a bit upset and a bit stumped.  Went on Ebay and out of interest looked to see if that particular chart was on there.  I was in luck as I found the chart for sale and there were photographs of everything; the legend and colourway and instructions for working it. So I saved it and copied it for going back to. I really felt blessed about that. It is a particular kit that I do want to work it is a Sampler.  I worked out what fabric I would need and the overall costing with the idea that it would be one of my next new projects.  Out of nowhere I now have some of the threads apart from one which are DMC threads and so I should be able to get the fabric and then start working soon.  It is as though Chrissy wants me to work this particular sampler and is helping me do so.  She had a beautiful version of it on the wall in her front room.  She had changed the colours to different shades of pink and it looked really effective. This has come completely out of nowhere. So I have the next part of the project.  Am seriously chuffed.

This means a lot. We tragically lost Chrissy about four years ago Chrissy was found dead in her car  on her own in her beloved Scotland.  She had retired there and was found a week before she was due to marry her long term partner.  It was extremely tragic and very sad; so I think this was meant.  That is the way I am viewing it in any event.

I really thought a lot of Chrissy and had the utmost respect for her. I often think of her. Chrissy is sadly missed.

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts I was not able to complete what I started yesterday.  I still have loads to deal with, but we are getting there.  I shall therefore start in the kitchen once this room has been finished which will probably be later in the day.  After a few days of getting absolutely nowhere it has boosted me a little bit.

I have sorted my machines out and as I said yesterday I do hope to get cracking soon.  This was another reason I wanted to get my sewing box sorted out, so that when I do come to sit and play at the machine everything will be to hand and easily accessible.  I still have a lot of items to find; my sewing shears (the good ones which are hidden from G) have kind of disappeared so hopefully I will locate them soon.  I have found my replacement sewing machine needles as well.

I do need to make a couple of sewing machine covers in due course though to keep the machines clean.  I shall have to have a look in my fabric stash to see what I can find.  

I also need a plug and a new light bulb for my craft lamp (Chrissy gave me that as well), then I will be able to get myself set up for doing cross stitch and embroidery projects too.

So as a result of a good sort out, I am also being proactive in getting things repaired as well.  It should at the end of the day when I start my crafting again make life a lot easier.  Only small things, but attention to detail too.  I will still need to source for what I call a sit up and beg stool where you sit on a top step/seat and then kneel on a lower step to keep your back aligned.  I found it very useful and comfortable for when I did embroidery and cross stitch.

So slowly getting somewhere.  More to come later on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. A lovely tribute to Chris's.. What colour & number is your one missing DMC skein. I've got a huge box of them and would be happy to post one if I have it. My contact details are on my blog, email me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, thank you so much. Sorry been having Internet problems locally for the past week, the connection has been on and off all over the place. According to provider now sorted. Will get back to you this evening, once I have looked at colour number thank you x

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful picture to work on. I bet you can't wait to get started. I hope you can find all your DMC threads and then you will know which ones are missing. I hope that you find the shears etc you have tidied away too well (snap, I do things like that too!) Enjoy crafting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts