Today

 Has been a busy one with not much to show for my efforts but there we are it is just the depth that varies.  I am pleased that I got so much processing done yesterday, but I still have a lot to do.  I have only managed to finish off the outstanding stock from last night.  I hope to get what's left in the fridge done tonight.  More Beef stock.  However if it does not get done tonight it will tomorrow.

I am in the throes of starting and trying to sort the kitchen out today.  After a few days of preserving order needs re-storing so that I can set about doing some other stuff as well.  Really it is the precursor to going into the Pantry and actually starting there.  I told you I meant business, as usual it is just taking a lot longer than I had thought or hoped for.  Will just have to keep plugging away at it.

Tonight for tea we have a repeat of the beautiful and tasty stir fry that I pulled together from ingredients in house. I am also pleased to say that did not need to go out and get any extras due to the fact that I have kept stocks of stuff in although dwindling and doing my utmost not to waste anything and to put any bits and bobs into a substantial meal.  Not a genuine Chinese Stir fry, my stir fries refer more to the technique than to a specific element, but it works for us.  Each one works out that little bit differently.  I also had some store bought sauces that need using up so I am working my way through them and then I will once gone look towards replenishing them with what method is available to me.




There are also other cost saving regimes going on as well, like saving gravy to use in a soup or a stew later in the week also a good way of using of leftover veggies (the soup).  

All the jars processed so far have been put into an old wine crate for the time being.  There are over 20+ jars here alone without anything else being added.  Will be plenty more by the time I have finished.

So back into the fray I am going.  One good thing is that I have located a few of my herbs, spices and seasonings that had gone walkabout and got them sorted out so that I can use them easily.  Another small stepping stone in such a higgledy piggledy path that I am on at the moment.  At least I am keeping to my brief in that I am getting on and not wasting anything including that most precious of assets TIME.

Right am off to potter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts