The Freezer has landed.....

 but it nearly didn't!.  Life is a strange thing.

It has been a cold and very wet day here in Peterborough.  Rain is good but when you have had it constantly for the past few days it sort of overstays its welcome.  I was a little fed up with the constant rain and therefore lit one of my candles.  When we start losing the light is when I start craving it.  The candle did the trick though cheered me up a little bit whilst I was working away and cleaning the windowsill and sorting it out a little bit more.




I also to keep them out of the way for the time being, arranged the Lemons bought the other day into a square glass vase I had and popped it on the windowsill mainly to keep them out of the way until I am ready to turn them into something useful for the Pantry shelf.




Bearing in mind the non-delivery debacle last Saturday and the fuss around that.  I was keen to ensure that the re-arranged delivery would go according to plan.  I was therefore not amused to go on the tracking site this morning to find out that in one section that Delivery was in progress and in another part, there was a problem.  In the end I gave the company a phone call, and basically the computer system had not updated.  It did a little later.  Phew what a relief.

Later on, whilst we were having a re-run of Saturday and waiting for delivery, we received note to say that the Lorry had broken down but that they were doing their best to continue with the delivery later today.  I had been up since 6:00am again, so was a bit weary by this time.  However all has gone very well.  Am really pleased with the Freezer.  It will now be a matter of filling it up with lots of bits and bobs which am looking forward to.  A different part of my Pantry food organisation. I am so chuffed with it.  It has also come up to temperature pretty quickly as well.








I have to go through the Fridge and sort out potential items that can go into the Freezer.  I also need to give the fridge its weekly wash-out and get that all tidy again.  Having the Freezer will mean that the more long-term items can now be kept safely in the Freezer and this should free up more shelf-space in the Fridge as a result.  The Fridge and the Freezer look good together despite the Fridge being a good five years older than the Freezer.

Well going through the Fridge first was the plan.  In the end though we turfed all the Black pudding, White pudding, Fruit pudding and the Lorne sausage out of the fridge and set too preparing it into slices/chunks and then open freezing it in the Freezer. Most of you will know what open freezing is, i.e. where you prepare slices/chunks of the food you want to store and you place them on a tray or trays and let the freezer freeze it.  You can then package into boxes or polythene bags without each of the slices/chunks sticking together.  I wanted to keep bag quantities down and so am preferring to add all the slices/chunks to one/possibly two large bags.  When some is required for breakfast, you just fish out the quantity that you would like for that meal.  For the Lorne sausage, we interleaved this with baking parchment for each slice to stop them sticking together; yet again you can select how many slices you want for any one meal.




The fridge tidying, cleaning and sorting will therefore take place tomorrow as I am very tired after the early start this morning and intend to put my feet up for the evening.

I did pay a swift visit to the shop and came back with some ice cream, ice-pops for G, some Clementines, more Lemons as I have a few little projects going on in the side-lines as well as constructive stuff going on in the house.  More on those another day though.

Whilst waiting for the delivery this morning, I also found one of my salad bowls although I have to locate its lid, but slowly things are coming together which is a relief. It will be good to get the salad bowl back into regular use. I still have an awful lot of sorting to do though - primarily concentrating on the Dining room at the moment as I want to get under the stairs. I therefore have to create room in the Dining room to actually bring out the contents of the under-stair cupboard so that we can give the cupboard a really good going over and get that sorted a bit better than it is at present. Wheels within wheels.

Right am off to put my feet up and have an early night.  

Catch up with you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I am so glad that you have finally got the freezer installed. Delivery updates are supposed to make life easier, but in my experience they do they exact opposite at times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts